Distributing energy for everyday life
← Back

Rubis completes eres acquisition


 June 2, 2015


Following March 23 press announcement, Rubis is completing today the acquisition of Eres.

Eres is one of the main independent specialists in supply-transportation-logistic-retail of bitumen, operating in Western Africa.

With the support of a strong logistic infrastructure including import terminals in Senegal, Togo, and Nigeria, the Group is leader in the sub-region. The company controls the whole logistics and supply chain from the refinery in-take, shipping, sea-connected import terminals to inland depot till truck delivery to the final users on the work site.

This significant acquisition is in line with Rubis strategy: a niche product, marketed on structurally import markets where the infrastructure component is essential to maintain in the long run a competitive advantage and to offer the best service to international road contractors.

In 2014, Eres total sales-revenues have reached $557M with a pro-forma profit generation of around 8% of sales. The company has marketed near 400 000 tons of bitumen and emulsion in 2014 in addition to fuels in Western Africa. Eres has successfully built a solid business base in the region helped by its expertise and its powerful integrated logistic (vessels, terminals, road transportation).

The transaction includes the immediate purchase of 75% of the shares followed by a scheduled earn out payment and the remaining 25% shares after 3 years. Rubis will pay $315M for 75% of the shares including the working capital. The earn out element for a maximum amount of $120M is linked to profits and scheduled over a period of 3 years. The remaining purchase of 25% shares will take place in 3 years and indexed on profit performance.

Upcoming events:

Ordinary and Extraordinary Shareholders' Meeting on June 5, 2015

Half-year results on August 31, 2015 (after market)


Press Contact 
Tel.: +33 (0)1 44 82 48 33
Analyst Contact
RUBIS - Bruno Krief
Tel.: +33 (0)1 44 17 95 95